Star Creation 2011, The Future of Asian Fashion Designer

By Tria Zaluska , In , ,

Hello there! Where am I? I’m at some room with pool view at Fairmount Hotel in Singapore. My room is very lovely!

I’m sorry for the late post, I was very super busy yesterday, and when I was back to hotel I fell asleep just in a second! Yes yesterday was very hectic! I was flown with Singapore airline on 5:50, so I should weak up on 2 am in the morning!

First show on 16 May 2011 was Star Creation. It was which uncovers fresh local and Asian talent and grooms them to become the fashion stars; I really love the creation and very fresh creative. And Star Creation is organized by the Textile and Fashion Federation Singapore (TafF) and is part of the Asia Fashion Exchange (AFX). Eight finalists showcased their creations this evening who were chosen from 144 entries from 11 countries this year. China, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam made it to the finals. Designers had to give their interpretation of the theme: Internationally Asian.

Douglas Benjamin, heads of F J Benjamin and one of the judges for Star Creation 2011, said choosing the winner was a tough call to make. And because it was so difficult, the judges decided to award four winners instead of three. Each winner gets $10,000, an internship with F J Benjamin and the chance to launch a capsule collection at Star Creation 2012.

Tsai Ming Hung, China’s Chen Zhi Gang and Malaysia’s Tiang Boon Tieon are the winners of Star Creation 2011. Notable mention also goes to Japan’s Hiroyuki Watanabe for bagging the Audi Young Designer Award 2011. My eyes fall to Hiroyuki Watanabe (Japan), the design is very awesome, and you can see the detail is wonderful makes the fabric looks strong and bold but the detail color makes it fun and playful! It’s reminding me to Bjork.

And there are the Winners and Finalist




Chen Zhi Gang, We're Inseparable


Zhang Zhe, Recollect Jazz




Neo Ben Jie Benjamin, Blooming Power


Hiroyuki Watanabe, Modern Folk Costume


Mike August Yapching, Spiral in Motion


Tsai Ming Hung, Internationally Asian


Ngo Quynh Phuong, Cocoon





Image source www.plussixfive.com

1 komentar:

Renee said...

wow I really love all these creations! xo

May 18, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...